Trans-endothelial Electrical Resistance (TEER) Measurement Module
The Trans-Endothelial Electrical Resistance (TEER) measurement provides a quick and easy evaluation of the integrity of the Blood-Brain Barrier model. The DIV-BBB model has a TEER closer to that found in vivo, >1000 Ω-cm2 as opposed to the monolayer model that typically achieves a TEER of <200 Ω-cm2.
• Impedance measurement at multiple frequencies.
• Low voltages, 60 millivolts maximum.
• Automatic multiplexing of multiple cartridges.
• Two versions, PCI card or PCMCIA card.
• Characterize the resistance and capacitance of the barrier.
• Limits potentially damaging voltages to the barrier.
• Can handle up to 4 cartridges simultaneously.
• Can use either a desktop or laptop PC.
Computer System Requirements
• IBM compatible computer, 400 MHz or faster
• Windows 98SE or higher
• 128 MB RAM (256 MB recommended)
• CD-ROM drive for installation
• One free USB port
The TEER Measurement System is sold with the measurement software, the required cable, and a mounting platform that can accommodate four DIV-BBB cartridges. The electrodes in the cartridge plug into the mating connectors in the platform. The system is shipped with four cartridges for initial evaluation.
Download the TEER Measurement Module Brochure
This brochure requires Acrobat or Adobe Reader 6.0 software to open.
Download Adobe Reader now!